Friday, June 26, 2009

It's been too long...

I know, I'm horrible at keeping this truly "up to date," but things really do just get so busy. So, I'll catch you all up on this last month and a half as quickly as possible! :-)


We did put the condo on the market, but so far we have not got 1 single phone call on it, or anyone look at it. It's depressing to me because Landry is confined in the house when we are here. There is no going outside to our backyard (which would be so much easier). Any trips outside are for walks, or actual trips somewhere because there is just no where here for him to play. I was really hoping for a house for my family, but it looks like that's not in God's plans....for now anyway.

Landry is crawling like a super crazy baby! He is all over the place. The gate is up and we are way behind on baby proofing! He practically runs into the kitchen when he hears or sees a cupboard or the fridge open. You have to be speed racer when you're doing something in there. It's so amazing to see though. When he wants us, he actually crawls over to us, pulls up onto his knees and pulls at our pants or shirts to get us to pick him up, or play or whatever. It's adorable to see him become so independent. (A little annoying too, because of course he's in to EVERYTHING)! I swear, I've never had to say NO so many different ways, over and over and over again. All in all, we still feel like if we never get anything else for the rest of our lives, we were more blessed then we could ever deserve to have him. He's got 8 teeth, and I know another one is working its way in. (Top and bottom 4). He's almost completely transitioned to sippy cups (only has bottle first thing in morning, and before bed), and he's eating mostly cooked adult food, no more puree! :-) We had his cardiology appointment today. The way the government program we are on works, we do his echo and EKG, and then have to wait a couple more weeks for the results....but our doc is AWESOME, and he snuck in and gave us the results right away! (We still have to go back in a couple weeks to make it "official" but....) another one of Landry's holes has healed!!!!! THANK YOU GOD! We have been praying very hard and are so happy to report that 2 of his 3 holes are completey closed, and the 3rd and final hole is almost closed. He said that when we visit in 2 weeks he will be "officially" telling us that he doesn't need to see us again for 2 years, and then probably won't ever have to see us again! It is such a relief and such an answer to prayers. I feel so blessed!





I have started a new side business to try and bring in some extra money. I'm selling wickless candles. It's called Scentsy. They are leadless, wickless, flameless candles. THEY ARE FABULOUS! I love em, and am super excited to be selling them. Robert and I are hoping that it gets moving enough to help me stay home longer, and at some point have another baby. My website is www.scentsy.com/peterson3907 check it out! I'd love to throw a party for you or have you order something. Part of why I love it so much is because since there is no flame, there is not as much danger having it around with Landry crawling. Its just wax, and when it melts, it releases the fragrance. The wax never gets hotter than just above skin temp, so it won't burn him either. And since it heats with a 25 watt light bulb, no chance of Landry knocking it over and burning our condo down! :-) At most, I just have to replace the pretty warmer. It's cheaper than candles too because the wax is only $5 for enough to burn 80 hours. Anyway, check it out, I'm loving it, and it would be a huge help for me if you ordered. I did a festival to jump start it, my booth looked great, but it didn't go so well. It was not well advertised and was not as busy as I was lead to believe it would be. Here are some pics of my booth.




Robert is still at Perry this year. He gets to teach Government again, so he's very happy about that. He has put applications in for two coaching positions, which would give him the head boys basketball position he's been dreaming of forever. We are still waiting to hear if he gets interviewed, so please please please keep praying about that!!!

Well, we hope things are going great for you! We are traveling to Idaho this summer, so I will try and post pics of our trip when we get home! As always, we love you and will keep you in our prayers!!!

Robert, Heather and Landry

No comments:

Post a Comment